Sunday, April 5, 2009

Man's Best Friend?

The drive home from church today found me, as it usually does, chatting with my daughter about her Sunday School lesson. With this being Palm Sunday, I was pretty sure what to expect.


Me: So what was your lesson about today?

Sydda: Um... I don't remember. (also usual, lol.)

M: Did you do anything special today? (I knew they were supposed to have a "Palm Parade")

S: Yeah.

M: Like...?

S: Um... Oh! We talked about Jesus riding into town on a dog.

M: A dog?!

S: Yeah, a dog.

M: Do you mean a donkey?

S: No mom. A dog. (said with her best teenage disdain)

M: Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey.

S: No, I'm pretty sure that my teacher said a dog. And everybody shouted
something at Jesus and threw down their plants.


M: Oh? They threw down their plants?

S: Yeah, and shouted something... I can't remember.

M: Hosanna?

S: Yeah! That was it!

M: Sweetie?

S: Yeah?

M: Jesus rode a donkey, not a dog.

S: ...

S: Oh.



And then ensued a discussion of the Palm Sunday story. It's funny how mishearing a word can change your whole perspective of a story, lol.

3 comments:

JulieMom said...

Must've been a St. Bernard, lol.

She's so cute!

The Jaracz Family said...

Hi there, I saw your post on "Just In Case," and thought I'd come over and check out your blog. Funny how we think the kids automatically know the same Bible stories we do, but hard to believe they're actually learning from scratch...I loved your cake, great job! What ever happened to the turkeys?

impromptu-mom said...

Heather,
Thanks for the cake love!
The turkeys' numbers have been reduced to two. I have a feeling that some of our neighbors may have helped them along, lol. We still see them now and again. They came around a bit this winter.

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...